I received this book as a gift from one of my assistants several years ago. It has some great quotes, which I’ll share at the end of my post. But first, want to tell you about a text I received from a dear girlfriend today. She sent me a link to a news clip about her brother (love him, even though I’ve only met him once!). He is a cardiothoracic surgeon in Iowa. He saved a wife/mother who almost died from influenza A. She was hospitalized and wasn’t expected to live more than 24 hours. Fortunately (thank God), she’s expected to make a full recovery and her family credits my friend’s brother for saving her life! My favorite part of the interview was his quote, “God saves people and we just show up for work.” He’s humble and smart. 🙂 Enjoy the quotes from the book:
- “It is not enough to be busy…The question is: what are we busy about?” Henry David Thoreau
- “Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” Sir Winston Churchill
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need to wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” Anne Frank
- “If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Him your plans.” Yiddish proverb
- “A road to a friend’s house is never long.” Danish proverb
Hope you have a happy evening. XO!